The first thing I did after an almost one week break in my studio was tidying up. Not the usual make-my-work-surface-usable-again tidying up, but the and-also-the-stuff-that-is-waiting-to-be-looked-at-again tidying up, which is a step more thorough. I tossed some really old projects (for example I figured I will never finish the next two moebius books that I had planned (here and here), and neither the box for the last one I made), and thus made space for packing other work in progress safely away. I like to have the materials that otherwise would scatter every even surface here and there in one box for each project. That didn’t quite work out due to lack of space. But – wow! – I am currently working on seven projects simultaneously. I could have known of course, none was completely forgotten about (yet), but I was not aware that there were quite so many. Just sorting through the stuff helped me sort through my thoughts as well. Some really just needs a small finishing touch.
When I lay awake at night after putting little boy back to bed, I began to think what was the reason to put each single one temporarily aside. I tried to see the bigger picture, and – bang! – I had an idea for nightmare. So the first box is finished now :-)