This was a long, good weekend in the studio, I got a lot of work done, succeeded in some projects, failed in others and now it is really late, and all I have time left for, is showing you some photos from the last two days. I hope to find some more time for more detailed blogging in the next days.
In my last post, I showed you the printing plate for this fish above, yesterday I finally printed it. I made a total of 10 prints, and the last ones really are the best. – It took some learning and getting used to how to wipe the plate so that the right amount of ink stays on it. I am rather satisfied with the outcome of those last prints, though.
Elevated by the success, I tried to move on to printing some business cards (and maybe later use the scan since printing with such a late yields not much more than 10 prints usually). However, this is rather a failure. I am not sure what exactly went wrong, but I guess it is the combination of a less well suited image, with a too shallow scratching and then to ferocious wiping which removed the last grates to hold ink. This is one of the best prints I got from there on it went straight down:
On it went with lino cutting and printing. I’ll want to talk about that in more detail, since it was a grand failure, and I don’t want to miss the chance of learning and remembering. Some details I still like, though.
And this is the first message in a bottle, the start of something that I plan to be a longer project. Well, and now I hear the bed calling my name so loud that I can’t concentrate on writing anymore. A good night to you all!